What happens when the baby isn't happy? Ain't nobody happy. As soul yearns for the soft, queen bed upstairs, my head knows that there is no chance that I'll be there any time soon. Audrey (my little princess) seems to have her days and nights mixed up. Hooray. And by the way, this is the time to pick up on dripping sarcasm.
Now granted, I knew my days were numbered a month ago- there were more than a few Sunday mornings where I woke up deeply satisfied with the silence. But (gritting my teeth) if I had the chance to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing... I think.
Other than somewhat poor sleeping habits, Audrey has several phenomenol characteristics. She's an eating super-champ. She smells like baby. She's the only two-week old that can identify the "shotgun" offense when watching a football game. Now I might have helped her out a bit on that last one.
The best thing about this week I would say is my wife- what a champ! She has been doing her absolute best to make sure that I get some sleep now that I'm back at work. There is only so much she can control. And another super-kudos (another!?) to Grandma (Pamalama) Ding-Dong and Grandma Sally- they have been around probably more than they would like to be. Grandpa Roy babysat this afternoon and Uncle Ebers is helping out on Thursday. It's so fabulous to have family around!
Tomorrow is family day! We're sleeping in, Audrey is going to help me make breakfast in bed, and then we're off for a stroll. Stay tuned to find out what kind of mischief we found! Below...none other than more pictures of "Pumpkin Pie"
1 comment:
She's a cutie!! We love the updates! Hang in there...sleep will come some day:...and God Bless family! Oh and Ryan, we love that she is sporting her ND attire on game day. Go IRISH!
Post a Comment