Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Audrey Rose

As a proud papa, I'm writing you all a quick note at 3:15 AM... Here I was just commenting to my Aunt Diane at what a wonderful child I have. Not that I am having second thoughts mind you- but she's fussing a bit tonight and keeping Jen awake in between feeds. So Jen is getting her few hours of shut-eye so she can be bright-eyed and busy tailed later on today. I will be getting a much needed nap later on, while the grandmas help out as backup. Honestly, holding her in my arms (even at this time of the morning) is sheer bliss. I know that I probably won't feel this way every time I'm holding my child at 3AM, but at this moment I'm just marvelling at what a blessing I have before me. This will get to be one of many stories that I get to guilt trip her with at the older ages of 16 or 21. Hopefully I get a few embarassing stories to go along with this one- I whole-heartedly intend on embarrassing Audrey in front of her friends. Anyway, I'm going to check some stories on Notre Dame football and how they will get their act together for the MSU game...make sure my princess understands my concerns of the upcoming game...

No comments: