Monday, September 21, 2009

Audrey Glows in the Dark!









Jen and I are doing well- still a bit sleep deprived, but otherwise hanging in there. For those who haven't been yet updated, there is a bit of bad and good news in regards to Audrey. The bad news is that her bilirubin level is up a little bit, the good news is that she has developed a new super-power: she glows in the dark! You can all now be jealous of my blue-tinged fluorescent baby- watch out Rudolph, here comes Audrey! All joking aside, Audrey needed some bilirubin lights to get her levels down- I anticipate she'll be glowing 24-7 for the next 3 to 4 days. Honestly, other than her yellow-tinged skin, you wouldn't know that there was anything going on- she eats, sleeps, "talks", burps, and poops up a storm without too much fuss.

She actually has been eating quite regulary, which was a small concern when she was in the hospital- fortunately, she has been a little bit better sleeping in her basinette in between feeds. I have to brag a little bit- she was tops in her breast-feeding class; quite the little super star. To be honest, she was the only pupil, but a star student nonetheless.






Lots of activity at our home with the baby around, and lots of help from Grandmas and Grandpas... spending a little extra or a lot of extra time at the house so the parents can get a nap in here and there. Both grandmas are going to canonized (up for sainthood) by the end of the year, if they keep up this kind of support. I have been actually tinkering with our fairly advanced pack n' play to see if Audrey will sleep better with bird sounds, music, or the vibration options. I have been able to make her cry... I'm not sure if that's the kind of progress we're looking for though.
Two baby showers upcoming- Audrey will be making cameo appearances to both. She will be sporting her bright, shiny blue ensemble this weekend I imagine. Anyway... people tend to request more pictures and fewer stories, so here are the latest pics of the family jewel.

No comments: