Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Great Outdoors!


Today is the last day of bili-lights (notoriously named the Wallaby) and then Audrey graduates! I don't really understand the name, the contraption is neither furry nor makes Wallaby like noises. Our little glow-worm has been relegated to the family room most of the week and she's made it pretty clear that she's ready to be done. Jen and I have been sleeping in the family room too since its been just too difficult to move her from room to room and maintain our little set-up. And go figure, a sleeping bag on the floor is just not as comfortable as our bed upstairs. As the kiddo continues to improve in her daily pattern, her sleeping pattern is also improving. Unfortunately, last night was more the exception than the rule- Jen was up alot of the night trying to get Audrey settled. I (the guilty party) somehow managed to sleep through most of the night- Jen thought I looked too fatigued to wake me. To make up for it all, I let Jen have a couple hours of sleep this morning and a chocolate chip-pancake breakfast. I think I'm forgiven.

We celebrated our last day of artificial UV radiation by taking a quick break and catching some rays outside. I'm hoping that Audrey appreciated the change, but the walk definitely helped with our general parental sanity. There is only so much you can tolerate when it comes to being inside monitoring the kiddo. We got a couple of pictures and then headed in once Jen got a little light-headed. Apparently we had burned off the carbs from breakfast. Now I sit down with my cat Nick and a bowl full of Mac N' Cheese... life is good.


Grandma Sally will be stopping buy later on this afternoon- both she and Grandma Pammy have been troopers. Stopping by to watch the kiddo so that we can get naps in or life organized; it is such a blessing to have that kind of help! If I was awarding gold stars, they would each get at least twenty.







Not much else going on at the home front. As promised, I have been working on the garage and made some headway. I am heading back out as soon as I'm done with this (promise!). Fortunately we have been able to get laundry done and a few other errands. I'm setting up my 529 fund for Audrey's Notre Dame education within the week. Apparently a gazillion dollars should just about take care of the education, including room and board of course.








Now finally an apology- no pictures the last posting, which I know is pretty much the only reason that you people attend this site. So let me make it up to everyone with double-bonus pictures...there is no better picture upgrade than to include cute furry creatures. To be honest, I didn't know what a Wallaby looked like until I posted the pictures above. Everyone stay posted for Audrey's great escape from the Wallaby!

No comments: