Hello everyone! Today has been an exciting day. We got up early and took the train to Cortona, which is about 1.5 hrs away from Florence. This is the town that the book and movie Under the Tuscan Sun is based on. Once we got off the train we waited forever for the bus, but it never showed up. Luckily, we met some other travelers who spoke some Italian, so we were not alone. Two of the girls we met were from Poland and they spoke Italian, which came in handy b/c they asked a girl for directions and she actually offered us a ride to Cortona. For those of you who have not been there, it is perched on a hill which over looks a valley. Walking up this hill would not be possible given that Ryan and I had our backpacks. Anyway, we made it and the views were spectacular! We couldnt find a place to drop off our packs so we carried them around town, which was a challenge since it is very hilly. Anyway, we had a nice lunch with a beautiful view and explored the town. We also visited visited St. Francis church and saw another one of his cloaks. Pretty cool. After lunch and exploring, I (Jen) did a little shopping and then we ran to catch the bus/train. We are now in Rome and trying to figure out what sites we are going to visit.
Sorry no pictures again, but we promise to post some tomorrow.
Ciao! Jen and Ryan
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun detour to Cortona! Glad to hear you guys are having a good time. Rome should be a blast - there are so many cool things to see there. Have some Gelato and a slice of pizza for me!
Cheers!
b
I love your story, Jen. I can just see the two of you meeting up with these fellow travelers and making your way to this out of the way town. Such memories. I am so happy for the both of you. This is what life is all about. Taking the lesser road. See you in a week!! Love you, mom and dad
PS I am with Chris on this one. Have some Gelato for me too! Heck bring some back for all of us. It is great stuff.
Keep safe,
xxoo mom and dad
Post a Comment