The first trip with the kiddos went very well. Audrey enjoyed the animals, free ice cream sandwiches, meeting Princess Kay (big hit!), tearing about the toys at the lactation station, and the Little Farm Hand Barn. We were there for about 4 hours and she was TIRED!!! But still in good spirits which is the best way to leave. Everett was a little trooper and enjoyed many crumbs falling on top of his head since he stayed in the front pack the entire time.
The Friday trip was a blast and I enjoyed being stroller free while navigating the crowds. Mom, Laura and tried lots of great foods included the walleye roll (I gave it a B), pizza on a stick ( an A), a chocolate cannoli (A), and a breakfast quesadilla (A). Mom gave her snow cone an A+. Its amazing that there are tons of yummy foods there, but she REALLY wanted a snow cone. We also saw my uncle Bill, gave us a behind the scenes tour of the fair since he is the head plumber there. It was pretty amusing that he and all of his co-workers grumbled "Yup, its day 9". I think they are all exhausted from working 12 hour days everyday for the past few weeks.
Matt came over last weekend and took pics of Everett and Auds that turned out amazing (as usual). Audrey got a little upset when Everett was getting all the attention. It didn't help that she hadn't eaten lunch or had a nap yet. A hungry, tired child is a BAD combo.
We have been working on helping Everett become a happier kiddo. His reflux is no fun, but even worse then the actual reflux is the reflux medication. The MD prescribed Prilosec for kiddo. We tried for 3 days to get him to swallow it. No luck. Then yesterday Ryan and I actually tried it ourselves. Holy crap! That is the worst tasting med ever!! I think Ryan described it as rotten grapefruit juice. So no wonder E wouldn't take it. Poor baby. So now it is grape flavored and I got most of it into him this morning.
Ok, I had to stop writing earlier b/c Everett woke up from his cat nap. Update. Ryan and I keep giving each other the look of "Uh Oh.. does he have colic?". There have been some major crying spells and the only way he has remained calm is by being in the front pack and bouncing or moving in some way. If you sit down, the tear flow. So everyone say a little prayer for us and Everett that he is just having a tough day.
Audery has also had a tough day on the potty training front. I'm pretty sure none of her #1s and #2 hit the toilet today. Many people told that kids often regress in potty training when a new baby comes. Well I think the regression has hit big time. Oh well. I must confess that there are times that I want to give up and just put her in a diaper all day. Today was one of those days, but Ryan was the cheerleader in the house, so Auds wore undies all day.
Overall we had a nice day and it is now time to head to bed.
Much love to all.
4 weeks old
Hat from Auntie Chris for Audrey. However I can't get Audrey to sit still to get a good photo of her wearing it. Everett stepped in and modeled it.
Practicing her back float during last swim class. Audrey is flying solo in the pool during her next round of swim lessons.
Cheese curd anyone??
Clarence the cow and Everett share the same birthday!!!
Audrey and Princess Kay.
A tired little pumpkin after a fun day at the fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment