Ahhhhhh potty training. Enough to make me lose the little hair that I have left. Only under threat of Daddy eating the two M+Ms on the table (the potty bribe we call it) does Auds actually make the attempt. Curiously, she is often times successful, and rewarded with high fives, big hugs, and (drumroll please) chocolate bribes. Yet, the initial part is always a challenge. "Audrey, it's time to sit on the potty." Followed by: "But I caaaaaaan't!"
Jen and I are not big TV fans for little Auds and so that too has become its own bribe. 15 minutes of "Elmo", "Dinosaur Train", or the most popular Disney Movie in exchange for a decent sized turd. (Can I say "Turd" in a blog?) And so when a movie is on the line, little Miss Auds strains and sighs until something....anything comes out. Typically something very petite that rivals the small poop production of Bella our bunny rabbit. It's at this point that Audrey dramatically exclaims "Ta-Da!" and motions to something in her potty that is magnifying glass worthy.
And so I chuckle holding my coffee, "I'll have to see more potty than that Audry".
"But Daddy, that should be enough!"
And it's only 6 AM in the morning. It's going to be a good day!
Speaking of "Number 2", Everett is doing great! His baby prilosec seems to be helping out a bit for his reflux and there are far fewer 2 hour stretches of crying. He definitely knows who his Momma is... he tends to only cry for me and settle down for Jen in seconds. Auds has now warmed up for him quite a bit, but finds him a bit difficult to ignore when he sobs in his carseat (and boy, does he HATE his carseat). At one point she spent the majority of one car trip covering her ears with her hands, just to block out his crying. Jen got a pretty big kick out of this...
In regards to Auds, the only other battle these days is the bedtimes. Sure, we have a few tantrums, but those are usually short lived. Audrey's resistance against her 8PM bedtime is improving, but the 2AM wake ups to be tucked in again are fairly inexplicable. I hear the click of her door opening at some ungodly hour and I am out of bed like grease lightning, just so that she doesn't prance in our room and announce to a sleeping Everett that it's time to get up. Back to bed until her formal 5:30 AM which is a pretty damn consistent internal alarm. I still haven't found her snooze button yet....
Much love! Ryan, Jen, Auds, and Everett
No comments:
Post a Comment