Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cold pizza

So Everett is now 1 month old. Holy cow that month has flown by. My pregnancy seems like a distant memory and so does my labor (thank goodness). Everett (or E or Ever) is awesome. He is becoming more alert and has shown us a smile a few times and even rolled over from his tummy to back (once and only b/c he was really mad). He is nursing like a champ still and actually probably enjoys it too much as over fills his belly and them barfs it all over me afterwards. Ah the joys of motherhood. Sadly had has developed actual reflux and we are started some meds today. It breaks my heart to see him scream after feedings and even worse after he burps. Poor guy. Hopefully the meds will work.
We are getting the hang of parenting 2 kiddos. At times there is surround sound crying, but I'm guessing that it to be expected. Everyone is learning to be more patient and practice deep breathing. I am also learned that being a mom of 2 is a great diet plan b/c I never have time to actually sit and eat. I always made fun of my mom and Ryan for eating cold pizza, but I must confess that I have joined  the club. Not b/c I wanted to, but because I have to. When Ryan isn't home I am usually standing at the counter taking walk by bites of food while helping Audrey and calming Everett. And well I must confess that cold pizza isn't all that bad.
We are also preparing for Audrey's 3rd birthday. Again, where does the time go? I can't believe my little baby is going to be 3! She has been on the fence about what kind of cake she wants. It's between Belle and a dinosaur cake. So Ryan and I decided that she will have a Belle cake with little dinos surrounding Belle trying to attack her. LOL... So dino/princess theme party it is! I do love that Audrey isn't all about the princess.
Audrey continues to adjust to Everett. I'm less "put George down" and seeing more fuzzy head rubs and interest in helping with him. She helped Mimi "babysit" Everett on Saturday and even helped with his bath last week too. Audrey is changing everyday. The things that come out of her mouth are hysterical. I really to write more of them down. She loves playing Simon says and teacher. She tells you stories about princess Audrey. She is constantly asking Ryan and I, " what are you doing?" What are you talking about?". Oh gosh there are more but I can't remember. She is also picking up on naughty words too, such as stupid. We were are a birthday party with a bunch of other kids recently and when we got in the car she started saying stupid. And of course we reacted strongly, so she went on to say it more! Anywho after a little talk she has not said it since. Oh but I know that is just the beginning.
Well that's all I've got for now. I'll write about our State Fair adventures soon.
Hugs and love,
Ryan is making Audrey a bracelet at a family event. He looks excited huh?

Everett at 2 weeks

Yes, Everett is in the front carrier while Ryan is spinning Audrey around. And no, no one puked afterwards.

Audrey enjoys reading/looking at the Sunday comics.
 
Jen, Ryan, Audrey and Everett.

No comments: