Saturday, August 11, 2012

The potty princess and prince of poop

It has been almost 2 weeks since Everett made his entrance into the world. I can't believe how fast time has gone already. Yesterday Everett and went in for his check up and he weighed 7lb 13 oz. Oink oink... Mr. hungry hippo gained 13 oz in 1 week. So if you are wondering how feedings are going.. well just fine. And what goes in, must come out hence the title prince of poop. I forgot how often newborns need their diapers changed. Holy cow. However I must admit that diaper changes are a piece of cake compared to potty training accidents. It is truly amazing the things that you end up doing as a parent. For example, I have never thrown away an article of clothing b/c it was too soiled. But on Aug 3rd, Audrey, Everett, Mimi and I ventured out to Carters and Auds had a major poo oops in her big girl undies. Needless to say those undies stayed in the garbage of Carters bathroom. However here are home the undies with poo oops have been spared. I laughed and cringed when my mom told me that in the days on cloth diapers she would dunk the diapers in the toilet to get all the poo out.. I thought to myself..."No way will I ever do that". Well guess who has had her hands in the toilet lately. Yup, me. So this is why I am in love the diapers right now. They are freaking brilliant.
Audrey is still mastering potty training, but we are making progress. She is over the sticker chart and now negotiates what treat she can have if she goes #2.
More Audrey news.. She is a joy and a little stinker lately. It has been an interesting adjustment to having George aka Everett at home. Since George came first everyone ends up saying George. Ryan has even done it a few times. LOL..  Common phrases include "put George down" "I don't want to share" and then there is the classic rolling around on the floor and crying. A truly dramatic performance. There might be a Oscar coming our way come next winter.  Like all parents we have been doing our best to spend quality time with Auds.
Ok, one other funny Audrey moment. Last weekend we were in the car and she heard me unwrapping a granola bar (she was sitting behind me).
Auds: "Hey Mom"
Me "Yes, Audrey"
Auds: What are you doing?
Me: opening something.
Auds: Now mom, tell me the truth, what are you opening??

Ryan and I just busted out laughing that she totally called me on the fact that I might not tell her the truth. Smarty pants.

OK, Everett is awesome! He is very easy going and actually sleeps pretty well at night. Pretty well means he has slept for about 2-3 stretches, eats and the goes back to sleep. He doesn't do this every night, but it has happened. he is getting more alert everyday.
Everyone keeps asking me who he looks like and I honestly don't really know. He does have Ryan's lips. Nose=?? Eyes=?? Yeah, basically I only feel confident about the lips.
So overall life is pretty good.
Well gotta run, Audrey just woke up from her nap and now we are going to wake Ryan. Actually Audrey probably already has. Boy its great when your kid gets old enough to follow instructions!
Oh and lastly thanks to everyone who has stopped by to meet out little guy and also help dress him.. I will admit Everett was wearing some pink outfits during his first few days home. He does wear it well, but we are happy to have some boy in the house now!


Much love,






Jen, Ryan, Audrey, Everett and Nick!

No comments: