Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Potty Princess!

Our little bundle of joy has not arrived yet, however we have been graced by the Potty Princess! Miss Audrey is currently working on potty training and it is going fairly well. Ryan and I decided to go all out the the sticker charts, new undies, chocolate and pretty much any other reward you can think of. Overall it has been going well. There are moments that she is very interested and other times when she flat out refuses to sit on the potty.

So back to the arrival of #2. Ryan and I both thought that after all the preterm labor contractions that once I stopped the medication kiddo would come VERY soon. But we should have known that life is full of surprises and things almost never go as planned or expected! However the good news is that we will probably welcome a big, healthy, full term baby!
Other news on the home front includes Audrey passing her first swim class and skipping the transition class to go to the next level. It was quite funny b/c last Sat during her swim eval by the teacher, Ryan (who was in the pool with her) had a really sad look on his face. So I figured that she didn't pass, but it turns out he had the sad look b/c her next level means she is in the pool alone without Daddy.
We have also been enjoying a nice break from house projects and have been spending our time enjoying the summer. Every steamy day of it!!! I have to confess that if we have more kids I kinda hope I am pregnant during the winter next time.  Poor Ryan and Audrey are bundled up under the covers everynight b/c I need to crank the A/C up so I can sleep without roasting. Audrey has often woken in the morning and come into our room to say "Mama its cold in here".
Other fun events included a trip to the Middle East festival last weekend. Audrey enjoyed the jump house and her first camel ride!  It was pretty cute.

Stay cool everyone!
Hugs,
Jen, Ryan, Audrey and Bumpkin.

No comments: