Monday, May 21, 2012

Change

There has been lots of change in our house. Well, actually things are always changing, but there have been some big milestones for Audrey today.
So we have been working on her "big girl" room for a while and finally revealed it to her 2 wks ago. We haven't actually transitioned her into sleeping in there until today. Ryan and I had both tried a few times, but there are some nights when a parent just doesn't have the energy to keep walking their child back to bed over and over and over again. Well today Ryan got the motivation from some unknown place. If I sound surprised its b/c I am esp since he has been feeling under the weather today. I was pretty shocked when he took the bull by the horns and finished moving all of Audrey's items into the new room. So after an hour of redirecting, re- tucking, and negotiating with little munchkin she finally fell asleep in her bed.
However the night is young and I am anticipating a visit from a little someone in the middle of the night. And to be honest it is probably going to scare the crap out of me if she just shows up at my bedside.
Besides the sleeping changes this week, we have also had many changes in the journey of our second pregnancy. As of my clinic appt on Weds I had gotten the all clear to return back to work. So I happily went to work on Thurs. The day went well and I made 3 visits, but on the way home started to contract like crazy. So after some rest and no changes in contractions we headed to the hospital. It turns out my contractions were 3 mins apart (no this is not good), but there didn't appear to be any cervical changes (which is good). But since Audrey was early and contractions 3 mins apart isn't good, I was put on bedrest again for the next week until they can have multiple ultrasound to compare.  I am suppose to only be up for bathroom breaks and making a light lunch. The reality is that I have a 2 yr old and ants in my pants, therefore making me a terrible patient. What is keeping fairly well behaved is trying to remember that this is not about me, but rather our little bundle of joy that needs to cont to cook in utero for another 5 wks at minimum. So I am hopeful that my ultrasound will go well Friday morning and I can go back to work and just limit my activity.
The highlight of the weekend was taking Audrey to see her first parade. It was so darn fun to watch her dance and wave to all the floats that passed by.  It worked perfect to park at CBL floors parking lot and walk a very short distance to the curb to enjoy the sights. Audrey and Mimi (Pammer) got to actually get close to the action and scoop up lots of candy. Audrey didn't know that they threw candy and was not sure what to do at first, but boy she sure did catch on quickly.
She was also very patient and waited until after the parade to sample some of her treats.
Sunday was a somewhat relaxing day that included brunch and Ryan's parents and multiple meltdowns after someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed after nap time. 
That's all for now.

**Update!! Well Audrey slept for about 4.5 hrs in her bed and woke at 1am. Little darling decided not go go back to bed until 4am. During that time Ry and I took turns trying to get her to fall asleep.  I sure hope tonight goes better. I think I am going to miss the days of her calling for me from her crib but not being able to get out. B/c now I hear "MOM!!!!", door opens, and pitter patter of little feet making a bee line for our room. But man that kid is still so freaking cute in the middle of the night.
Hugs and love,




A very tired Jen, Ryan, Audrey and Bumpkin

No comments: