Today Audrey and I have been laying low and keeping cool. Literally. I am still on bed rest and we actually have the A/C in the house b/c it is so warm.
Last night serious storms can rumbling through and we all headed to the basement at 4am. The good news is that our house and yard remained intact, but the bad new is that Audrey did not go back to bed so we have been up since 4am. Ugh. Audrey and I did manage to take a nap this afternoon which should keep us both in good spirits for the rest of the day.
Otherwise we have had a busy June. During the first week Ryan, Audrey and I went to Frank and Diane's cabin and had a great time fishing and swimming. Sadly we had to leave early b/c my uterus started misbehaving again and I earned myself an overnight stay at the hospital. I am now on meds every 4 hrs which have helped keep things under control.
But back to the cabin, the highlights included the discovery of banana cream pie ice cream at the Chocolate Ox and the many bass Ryan and I caught off the dock. Audrey slept like a champ in her "big girl cabin bed".
And we are looking forward to possibly head back to the cabin later this summer after Bumpkin is born to check out the cabin's finished addition.
Audrey also started swimming lessons this past weekend. The lesson was going well until she had to put her head under water. That didn't go well and Ryan basically had to force her in. I don't know what I felt worse about, Audrey crying b/c she was scared or Ryan having to be the bad guy forcing her to go under water.
Oh but the biggest news of June so far is the arrival of our nephew George Henry Wash!! Sarah and Matt welcomed their little prince on June 14th after a marathon labor. Sarah was a complete labor super star after enduring about 30 hrs of labor without any meds. George is perfect and we are thrilled for Sarah and Matt. Ryan is also happy that I am on bed rest and can't make it to any stores to over buy on gifts for little nephew!!! Audrey thinks George is "really cute" and "tiny".
And I almost forgot to give a shout out to my wonderful husband who celebrated his 34th birthday last Friday!! Lucky for me he just keeps getting hotter with each passing year!!
Stay cool and safe.
Love, Jen, Audrey and Bumpkin
No comments:
Post a Comment