Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Bumpa!

So a big happy birthday to my Dad- I'm not sure if its kosher to announce an age on a blog....so I won't....for now. Audrey was beyond excited to bring Bumpa's present to the door and announce "Happy Birthday Bumpa!" I was personally impressed that she could grasp onto the concept that not every present under the sun was for her unwrapping. Once grandpa asked her to help though, watch out! The birthday evening highlight was Audrey singing the whole happy birthday song on her own. This evening, she sang the whole alphabet song 3 times while taking a shower. We're still working on the fight song... she loves singing it, but the words are a bit difficult. What I can say for her, is that she just BELTS out the last word of each phrase... she has about 5 months before football season begins and I might be forced to disown her. No pressure Audrey, no pressure.

Some of you might have heard that despite our greatest efforts to make me pregnant (yes, me, Ryan), Jen ended up pregnant instead. She is moving towards 17 weeks and beyond happy that the 1st trimester is well behind her. Nauseated and bloated are not exciting qualities in a pregnancy (apparently). Audrey doesn't know yet, but I'm curious to see what her reaction will be. Especially since she is in the habit of always praying for Rara's baby at dinner time.

Dinner prayer time has its own humor. Rara's baby is first, then we pray for Rara's baby, then we pray for Rara's baby. Next may come Andy or Matt. But on most occasions she simply states "I've got to think about it". While she has never prayed for Jen or I, she makes up for it by kissing our hands while we hold hands praying. It's fairly adorable.

Since today is a Tuesday, I walked into a household with Audrey wearing crabby pants and a slightly exasperated mommy. Out the door Auds and I went to the lake and playground- got a bit drenched by the freezing rain. But based on Audrey's frolicking back and forth across the bike path, you would have thought we were enjoying a sunny afternoon in June. She loves running along the snowy edge of the lake...and on the slippery patches pretends that she is ice skating. She ate so much snow that I was surprised that she had room for dinner....but she ate just fine. A wonderful chicken parmesan and banana bread for dessert! Go hunny bunny! Afterwards a hot shower for Audrey, books and bed. She is such a snuggle bug and most nights when Jen rocks her to sleep, the two end up falling asleep together. We soak in the quiet moments with Audrey, as they are increasingly few and far between.

No comments: