Two days in a row, yes indeedy. Can you tell that I have developed a guilt complex from being blogspot negligent? Jen mentioned that she thought my last posting was clever and funny (God bless her) and that was enough motivation to get at least a small part deux in. As Nick our cat paws away in that happy kitty trancelike state on my lap, I'm going to update you on the latest goings on in the Dick household.
Today was "Daddy and Audrey" day. And so it was only fitting that we went outside and we read our "Daddy and Audrey book". In case you didn't hear, the snow that was supposed to be rain, ended up actually being a solid 3 inches of snow. This actually means two things; that somehow weather forecasters are being paid for predicting weather worse than my left hip. (By the way, my left hip doesn't predict the weather.) It also means that Auds and I busted out the sled, and not the umbrella. Audrey and I were the 2nd and 3rd people trekking around Colby lake, an eager beaver cross country skier made it there first. But we were definitely first to get to the playground and stake out some territory with a vicious looking snowman. Audrey actually managed to pose with the snowman this time, say cheese, AND smile. This does NOT happen often. She proceeded to give the snowman a series of hugs before making her way back to the house for hot cocoa. God that kid is cute.
I was able to bust out my snowblower for the first time this year. While my manly ego typically forces me to shovel 3 inches or fewer; I yielded pretty quickly this time. For those who shoveled today, you might have recognized that the snow was just about the weight of bricks. Cue in my kickass Tory-Bilt. Big, fast, and handwarmers. No gloves required here! For my benefit, please just sit back and be slightly jealous.
Made it to the library to pick up Audrey's first library card and 5 books and paid a visit to Huy, who was once again, gracious enough to revamp my 6 year old computer. At this point, he has helped me with so much computer stuff, I'm pretty sure he owns my soul. Struggled through the wednesday crossword with Bumpa and Nama and managed to get dinner made before my smoking hot wife got home.
Last cute Audrey story that I forgot to mention earlier. Most recently she has started singing "Gonna wash that man right outta my hair" from the movie South Pacific. If this wasn't cute enough- she adds in the "Get the picture!" in between the verses, just like they do in the movie.
Ok, off to bed, sweet dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment