The Auds and I sat down to dinner before Jen got home and Audrey says "Time to pray!" When I asked her who she wanted to pray for, she replied "Rara's baby, Nama, Bumpa, Mimi, and Papa." I think she also went on to pray for her piggy and blanket, but I thought the first part was pretty cute.
Big kudos and thank you to Andy who helped (pretty much did the whole thing actually) install a new bathroom ventilation fan. The new bathroom wall paint was starting to run with the excess moisture and our bathroom upgrade somehow didn't get us a new fan. It works spectacularly and thank goodness, since it took the better part of 3 hours to install the dang thing and another hour to clean up the mass afterwards.
Today, Auds and I ended up outside again. The first snow day I could get her down to Colby lake on her sled just walking along the road. As a lot of the snow has melted off the roads and she was adamant that the only way to get to the park was by her shiny red sled, it was a bit more of a challenge today. In the end, I trekked along the edge of a bunch of yards; nobody yelled at me, whew!
Despite our goal to get the park, Audrey and I never did make it. She and I made "Audrey Angels"- she fell in the snow during the last snow fall and on the way to park at that time I showed her how to make a snow angel. I also made an angel at the same time and pointed out that there was an "Audrey Angel" and a "Dada Angel". Audrey insisted that we make a "Mama angel" and so I did my absolute best to shorten my stature and give it a shot. Today was no different, and we made all three once again- Audrey, Mama, and Dada angels.
She met some new dogs on the path, wanted to go walk on the lake to meet some of the Canadian geese (which I didn't let her do), and ran around the snow along the path checking out her tracks. Her sock kept falling off inside of her boot and she HATED the way that it felt. I ended up just taking off her sock in the end and stuffing it in my pocket (after putting the sock back on 3 times along our walk.) It got pretty chilly as the sun started going down, so we turned back early before making it to the park. Audrey insisted upon walking across everyone's yards back to our house. She climbed the small hills of snow with the gracefullness of a 3 legged antelope slogging through quicksand. One particularly difficult snow pile she kept saying "I'm stuck, I'm stuck!" and then "Keep going Audrey".
She stalled again like a champ for bedtime tonight- convinced Jen that she was hungry, played a little bit and snuck in an extra book or two. That girl sure can negotiate! Sweet dreams! Jen, Auds, and Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment