Hey All- just wanted to get a good jumpstart on the morning and also let Nama and Bumpa know what we are up to (while they are gallavanting about the southe american countryside, those crazy kids). 5:13 AM here and just got home from a beautiful delivery at St. Johns. Baby girl, 6 pounds and 7 ounces. Audrey and Jen were home to greet me - apparently Audrey was up and ready for breakfast. So she is "humming" along to her cereal. You know that she really loves her food when she makes that "mmmmm" noise. It is so endearing; it'll be sad when she finally lets that habit go. Apples, peas, cereal, ice-cream all receive 5 star "mmmmm"s. Quite a variety of likes, definitely not a fussy eater (which is fortunate).
Yesterday was full of adventure! For those who are NOT in Minnesota, got about 2 to 3 inches of snow starting at 3PM Saturday. Just a light flurry became a decent snowfall in short order. Audrey and I started off for the park and midway there I almost turned around the flurry was getting the best of her face. But I'm glad that we didn't- we ended up at the park for a solid 2 hours. Spending time going through the tube, making a snow man, Audrey destroying and the ultimately eating part of the snowman. That girl loves her snow- to heck with ice-cream, just give her some of that outdoor fluffy white stuff. Of course, she has tried to eat the snow that has dirt, woodchips and almost anything else in it. (Like I said, not a picky eater).
I was the one who ultimately decided that we needed to go home. But little Miss Audrey was not ready to go back in quite yet. Spent another hour sledding around the house and eating more snow. Surpised that she at any dinner at all! She did fall out of her sled a few times and got "white-washed" with snow, but she's actually quite amazing about it. No tears, and when asked if she wants to keep sledding or go inside- it was always, "go up the hill" or "more sledding" or "faster".
Today she also discovered my ear buds that I plug into my phone for music. She got quite a kick out of them, holding them next to her ears to listen. For a girl that already loves music, this was a real hit. She's also kindly listening and dancing to my piano music, now that I have to practice my Christmas songs. She loves "Fa-la-la-la-la" (aka deck the halls and "jingle bells" and "the reindeer song". All of these need a bit of work (from the piano practice standpoint) and so this works to my advantage- I definitely need the practice. I'm going to take a nap now...2 hours of rest tonight...going work on some shut-eye. Much love! Ryan, Jen and Auds
No comments:
Post a Comment