Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday!



Wednesday's are "Dadda Day". An early morning of reading on the couch Mother Goose's Little Misfortunes, Elmo Music (hokey pokey on pandora!) and "waflees with dip-dip" (waffles with syrup). Is there a better way to start the day!


As a loving father, I did what any father would do: outright deception. I told Audrey that we were going shopping and while her mother usually takes her for groceries and clothes, this was more of a business run. Ran out to Home Depot to pick up plastic thingies (please forgive my formal terminology) so that my garage will be snug during the winter. I've got a repair man whoe's going to schnazzy up the bottom of the door, so hopefully we'll get this done all at once.

Although I couldn't find my plastic dohickies, Audrey was not disappointed. She ran down the long aisles like a pro! Even gave a shy bump and a feeble high-five to one of the cashiers.

Now a nap and perhaps puppets at the park!


P.S. My apologies, but I just have to add this random aside. Audrey picks a very odd assortmant of books. I end up reading her my 2nd grade dictionary, Owl Moon, a 1940's book version of nursary rhymes far more than I do any picture book you might expect her to read. Elmo books are an exception of course (she loves those!). Do they have self help books for Elmo addiction?

No comments: