Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!



So the Wifee, Audramatic, and Sir Nicholi are all hanging out with me on the couch. Audrey had a rough evening today, a little stomach upset we're guessing since a bit of her meal made it on my shoulder a little bit ago. She is now snoozing on mom's shoulder, she's got the magic touch! The rest of the day has been nice and restful. For our New Years, Jen and I got just totally beligerantly plastered... just kidding. As we typically do our best to be rebels, we just didn't feel up to causing trouble last night. We actually hung out with our neighbors across the street, Kevin and Heather (and their two little ones Griffin and CJ). After trying to get together with them for about a year (they moved in about the same time as us) we finally managed! Being woefully tired parents, Jen and I barely made it past midnight...but I did get my New Years smooch just in time!

Today we have mainly stayed cooped up in the house, watched a smidge of football, and then ran some errands- Jen says that her butt is frostbit from the trip to Menards. It wasn't in vain though, we got Audrey's new blind so that she can now take naps in a dark room. We stopped by Rainbow as they are running a special on frozen pizza! I now am stocked for the next year or so. Unfortunately, I didn't see that it was limited 5 per person until I got the register...they were nice enough to make an exception for me.

Jen's "Pumpkin Pie" beyond her tummy issues this evening has been doing great! Twice this week she has slept for 5 hours straight, which is just about the best thing that has happened to us since we got married! I must confess, this development is a much bigger deal for Jen, since my milk hasn't let down yet. Audrey is still pretty reliant on Mom for her feedings. However, I do change a diaper in the middle of the night from time to time. Jen is still worried that our house predecessor is haunting the 2nd floor and doesn't think that the ghost is a fan of poopy diapers. I like ghosts and poopy diapers, it's just the 3AM part that I struggle with. Audrey continues to improve on her "tummy time" and her neck/head strength is to the point where she will lift herself of your chest and look around. She's really into her hands and is working on finding that thumb consistently. She has a play mat and has now consistently located the animals dangling above her- most recently she and the elephant have been engaged in a few altercations that Dad has had to break up. Apparently the elephant was making fun of one of her outfits and Audrey took offense. I'm still trying to smooth things over between the two... Audrey has a had a few issues with Geronimo the Giraffe as well. Finally- my favorite recent development is that Audrey is now smiling consistently with most of her family. There is nothing more heart-warming to smile down at this little kid and have her smile right back. We are very lucky parents!

I must confess, not alot of projects after hosting our Christmas party on the 25th...but I'm sure Jen and I will make up for lost time. Hope you all had a safe and exciting New Years!
Love, Audramatic, Jen Jefferson, Nicholas, and Ryan

No comments: