Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Holidays!
















Can you believe Christmas is in 1 week? I sure can't! Ryan and I have completed most of our Christmas shopping, with just a few things to pick up tomorrow. Our house is looking festive with the tree and decorations up and some yummy smelling Christmas candles burning! Saturday is going to be cookie day! I am looking forward to making Christmas cookies with my mom and Laura. I am most excited about making my grandmother, Neen's super fabulous sugar cookies! They are my favorite, but mostly I love them b/c with each bite I think of my grandmother and all the years of cookie making and decorating I spent with her. Ok, I might cry...





So I have put in a few days of work over the past week and it is going pretty well so far. I cried when I got home after my first day and then again the next morning when I had to leave. This week has been much better and with no tears. Audrey is having lots of fun with the grandparents. In fact, she had so much fun today she is now passed out on the floor with Ryan. I guess they both had very exhausting days!





This week we had another fun visit with my friend/co-worker Rachel and he little man Alex. Alex very well behaved and was a complete gentleman around my little princess.




Oh, I almost forgot, there is big news! Audrey slept for 4 straight hours last night!! I think it may be a record! We'll see how tonight goes. Overall I am very lucky b/c even though she is still up every 2-2.5 hrs at night. She eats and then goes right back to bed. Not too bad.


She continues to smile and make lots of sounds. She is getting stronger each day and holding her head more steady. She is not a fan of tummy time, but we keep trying. It has been a lot of fun to watch her show more interest in her surroundings.. Its hilarious when she turns her head back and forth, and back and forth looking at everything around her. So cute. Can you tell that I'm just nuts about this little nugget?





Anyway, next week we are looking forward to seeing friends from out of town and celebrating the holiday with our families. We are very excited to host family here on Christmas day!



I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!


Love,


Jen, Ryan, Audrey and Nick

No comments: