Hello to everyone, and my apologies for the lack of blogging lately...when Jen and I are not feeding, burping, changing, consoling Audrey, then we're working on a few other things. Our house projects which were supposedly put on hold have taken on another phase. Our basement recently had some water tile installed, our garage has been cleaned out for an 8th time, and we're now trying to get the basics arranged downstairs once again. Imagine a completed basement that now needs basic things (such as walls) once again! While I had some grand notions of completing the basement with a few extra hands as backup, I also would like to use the basement by next summer. So one of Andy's workers are going to be giving me a hand.
As for our little Audrey, she isn't so little anymore! She's gaining about a pound each week the last few weeks. This weekend she surpassed the 8 pound mark, so we'll be busting out our front pack carrier! If any of you know how truly quirky her parents are, you'll not be surpised to know that Audrey has a few quirks of her own. The most curious is her ability to mimic the crowing of a baby flying dinosaur (note the title of this blog). She seems to crow and chirp more often during the late-night hours, much to the excitement of her parents. And by the way, if you were wondering if Audrey has managed to rearrange her nights and days back to normal, the answer would be a resounding no! Honestly, I'm impressed at how much time she spends awake. She wants to get as much parent time at night as possible, and then seems to take a rare nap during the day to re-energize for the 2AM bewitching hour! She's as cute as all hell...so what's a proud father to do!
Anyway, that's the latest and greatest from the home front. I hope that you all are doing fantabulously! I would like to do a question and answer blog at some point, so send your questions as a reply to this blog! Love, Ryan, Jen, Bump/Audrey/Thunder Thighs/Baby Teradactyl
1 comment:
I will second that! She is soooo cute at 2 A.M. Just wish one could share all her stretchs, squeaks and facial expressions. She is definitely our little princess. I can't wait til she change all those antics to 6 P.M. Hey, maybe with the fall time zone change she will readjust!!!
Love, Grandma
Post a Comment