Wow! What a winter! We're running on cold number 6 in this household. You add that to an ear infection (Auds), urinary tract infection (Auds), and influenza type A (EVERYONE!) and I would say that it is a pretty full 4 months. Holy freaking cow. That being said, we are all in a good mood this AM. Audrey is reciting all of the Disney movies by heart to our Pandora Radio, pretending to be Rapunzel, Simba, Belle, and the rest of the Disney world entourage.
You may have already heard the latest catch phrase created by our Audrey Rose, "I have a question mark" - followed with usually something just as comical. She's also really into holding hands at dinner, and instead of praying, whispering to everyone a secret. Last night we held hands and she announced that we were all going on a camping trip and that she bringing her backpack. Hopefully she'll hold on to that outdoor enthusiasm as the warmer weather comes! She remains quite the reader and actually has a few books memorized page for page. My favorite is a book called "My lucky day". It's about how a pig goes to the wolf's house and purposely gets caught so that he is massaged for tender meat, fed to fatten him up, and given a warm bath to clean him up (with the purpose of eating him of course.) The wolf falls over from exhaustion mid-massage and the pig leaves with a bag of cookies in hand and planning a trip to Mr. Bear's house. I promise to have a video posted for your viewing pleasure of her memorized version... I am stunned everyone time she recites the majority of the pages!
Ahh, and then there is the Everator. Now flipping any which way with ease starting around 6 months (well ahead of Audrey's 10 month plan to get up and moving). He's starting to get his butt up in the air...we'll see if the crawling comes soon. I'd love to think that he will use the uber-mobile George as motivation. We'll have to see. The babbling is also in full force. Jen and I swear that he has said "Momma" a couple of times, but no regularity in it as of yet. He loves solid foods and pretty much is into everything (carrots, bananas, cereal) but firmly declines on the green beans. His smiley nature through the day pretty well makes up for the fact that he is still getting up 3 times a night. Again, George (his cousin counterpart) has him firmly beat in this category. Which leads to 3 year question, "I wonder what it feels like to sleep through the night?" I didn't know that residency could prepare you THIS WELL for parenthood.
Life for Jen and I is pretty much the cat's pajamas. I know for a fact that this is probably one of the years that I will be fondly recalling when I'm old and gray. Our family (other than constant sniffles) has been in pretty terrific health, Audrey says something ridiculously funny at every turn, and my snow blower has obliterated every obstacle in its way. My neighbors hear raucous gleeful cackles at 5:30AM as I make it through the 6 house rotation that I have adopted. I haven't found any psychiatric diagnosis in the DSM-IV (the doctors psych diagnosis list) that seems to identify this new obsession... but I'm sure that there is always additions that can be made.
My mom's big bday is tomorrow! So make sure to text and harrass her a bit (with kindness of course) on the big 6-0! No ginormous bash BUT lots of Pictionary and here's hoping that she likes her present this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment