As Audrey sings in her crib to herself, "Rain, rain go away, I like to play" I very contentedly type this blog. As much as I love posting this stuff, there are things that must be documented in some way, shape or form for all of posterity. One of the most important would be that my little Auds now officially, and very aptly summersaults. We did it for the first time last weekend at Menards (on the carpeting of course) and have been regularly showing off ever since. Hanging out with Ebers and Andy today and then again with the neighbors this evening, Audrey loves to show off her latest skill set. Thinking that she was on quite a roll having performed 4 summersaults for the neighbors, she went for a 5th run, but was quickly redirected when she found herself on the walkway concrete.
Today was Audrey and Daddy day and full of our usual adventures. After an early morning try at the crossword with Nama and Bumpa and a visit from Bella the bunny, we made our way outside. Audrey for the first time took up spelunking. Yes, she found the rocks behind my garden and decided to get the lay of the land. Quite the little billy goat actually. She asked for help a few times, but as a general rule dads are not so much for helping as to egg their children on. I appropriately stuck to this code. She actually did quite well, no falls, bumps or bruises. If there had been a scrape, there was plenty of dirt from the garden to rub over it.
Audrey made pies (baking skillz learned from little Chase next door) while I refinished the garden border. Jen wants the garden to look nicer this year. Can't say that I blame her... I forgot to water many times last year and we grew more weeds than plants. Unfortunately, they weren't even pretty weeds and so the garden looked a bit bedraggled (or worse...I tend to be a bit biased). We visited Andy and Steve on the job and dropped off a wheelbarrow, and they met up with us later for a little subway. It's so nice to have the whole fam in the east metro now- Stephen and Alissa, welcome to the dark side.
Made it to Home Depot today to pick up odds and ends for the yard. I typically find myself more of a Menards man, but the Glidden paint for the ceiling can only be found at the former. Audrey was nearly passing out on my shoulder at certain moments but found enough entertainment riding in the cart on top of the bags of seed and mulch. I'm thinking Jen would probably object at this point, but the rules are a bit different on Daddy and Audrey day.
Beyond the goings on of today, the house is again abloom in projects and as a result, wandering tools, dust, paint cans, random doors off their hinges. With the motivation that Jen has developed for finishing Audrey's new room before Bumper Part Deux arrives, so have other projects as well. Finishing up with the living room furniture, ceiling fans for the office and master bedroom, finishing the painting of the windows, painting the bifold door from the laundry rooom, electrical switch replacment to get rid of those quirky dimmers. Jen is master painter and I try to electrocute myself regularly to re-energize myself and potentially wake up new hair follicles.
I think I have mentioned this before, but Audrey has been having alot of fun the last few weeks with our neighbor boy Chase. He's a bit younger, but they make quite a cute two-some. Making pies, pushing each other in their respective small cars, digging for worms, and running down the grassy hill in the back seem to be favorite pasttimes at this point. It helps that Chase's parents are really nice as well. So nice to have good neighbors so nearby.
Well... I actually have to work on a house refinance now (which you have helped me avoid the last 15 minutes) so arrivaderci and sianara (sp?). Nighty night! Ryan (and Jen in spirit who is bankrupting me at Target)
No comments:
Post a Comment