Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Wifee!

This blog is a tribute to my wife, but as always (and not to disappoint) will feature the Audramatic and her shannanigans.

While Jen remains as youthful as ever, little Miss Audrey is acting more and more her age. Terrible twos? I wouldn't call them terrible, but sometimes her words can't keep up with her enthusiasm and that results in a few more tears than usual. The rare ocassions of "I want, I want" and vigorous pointing can be, well, an interesting way of expressing one's self. Speaking of words, the last two weeks she has very developed the very cute habit of mixing up her pronouns. "I've got you!" translates into "Please get me". "Hold you!" typically means "Hold me!"

Most of the time, Audrey is quite the love and quite the humorist wrapped up into one. Just recently went with my parents for their travel immunizations. At first a bit fearful of getting one herself, she immediately stopped crying when Nama told her that she would not be getting a shot. Instead she took the opportunity to give both her Nama and Bumpa applause and kisses for doing such a good job with their shots.

As she gets more clever, I do take a true joy in her cunning. She regularly cons Jen into (name one) water, food, books, cuddling whenever it comes to bedtime. To be perfectly honest, it usually isn't too hard to be conned- when she is such a fun kid to be with, you can help but go for a little extra cuddling.

The most recent hilarty resulted from letting her watch "The Cutting Edge." I'm not sure if this is my finest parenting moment, but she saw the movie couple do a couple tequila shots. Before going to bed, she was pretending to lick the salt off her wrist... I chuckle as I type this. What a nut.

Jen reports that she has had a good birthday. Out to dinner last night and had brunch with my family this morning. Hit the mall of america and now watchin chick flicks. A good day. Love you all! Ryan, Jen and Auds

No comments: