I can't believe that it is already August! Time sure does fly when you're having fun. Last week Ryan, Audrey and I spent the week at Aunt Diane and Uncle Frank's beautiful cabin with my parents and a few uncles.
We had perfect weather and ate lots of yummy food! Audrey tried all sorts of new foods b/c we are now transitioning to table foods. Audrey loved everything of course. She loves to eat, but does not enjoy feeding herself. She can do it, but rather she gets really mad and cries until we feed her. Ryan is much better than me at pushing her to use her fine motor skills. I'm pushover mommy and give in an feed her after just a few whimpers.
Audrey also had lots of fun playing in the water. She LOVES the water!!! Every time we walked down to the lake she got so excited and then very upset when she realized that she was not going swimming.
Overall she was a champ traveler, except for sleeping at night. She woke up about every 2-3 hrs. It was brutal. Before we left she had been sleeping through the night with only the occasional cry. Since we have been home she is doing much better thank goodness.
We continue to enjoy watching her crawl and explore the house and new places. She loves to walk with our help and is actually getting quite speedy.
We have a busy couple of weeks coming up. A shower for my cousin Katie this weekend and birthday party for Sarah. And Sunday Ryan, Audrey and I are headed to Target field for a Twins game! I'm super excited to check it out and see what all the buzz it about. The following weekend we are taking a little road trip to Storm Lake, Iowa for Ryan's friend Lisa's wedding.
I hope everyone is having a nice summer and staying cool during this hot and steamy week.
Love,
Jen, Ryan and Audrey
No comments:
Post a Comment