I am happy to report that we have made it back safe and sound from our first family camping trip! Ryan, Audrey and I ventured to the BWCA (boundary waters canoe area) to go camping with our neighbors this weekend. We got up bright and early Friday morning at 4am and were out the door by 5am! It took us about 6-6.5 hrs to make it to Sawbill campground in BWCA/Superior National forest. We were hoping that Audrey would sleep for most of the car ride, but that was not the case. She did not want to sleep until we were about 2/3 of the way there. Once we arrived, Ryan and I set up camp while Audrey discovered the dirt! Yay! She had lots of fun exploring the texture of the dirt and pine needles and thankfully did not want to taste it.
After the Bachs arrived (Heather, Kevin, CJ and Griffin) we all headed to the fishing pier to catch the big one! Ryan was the only one who had any luck and caught a bass! Yum dinner!
After plenty of smores and some canoeing on the lake (and a few 360s in the canoe or as Heather likes to call it synchronized canoeing. I should also mentioned that it was Heather and I in the canoe for that display of talent) we were ready to head home. Camping was an interesting adventure now that we have little miss Audrey. She did great, but sadly the mosquitoes feasted on her chubby face.
Ok, so you might be wondering about the title of our posting. Last night I found a little toad hopping around our site. And I may have mentioned it to Ryan and encouraged him to tease Heather with it since she hates frogs! So after some teasing Ryan dropped off Fred the frog outside Heather's tent door. Needless to say, Heather was not a happy camper and pleaded with Ryan to "find Fred" b/c she did not want him to hop into her tent. Ryan did find him and helped him hop back into the forest!
So that's it for now! Enjoy the pictures.
(quick note: CJ is 3 and Griffin is 8 mos. Just in case you were wondering about the other kiddos in the pics)
Love, Jen, Ryan and Audrey
No comments:
Post a Comment