Sunday, May 05, 2013

Happy Sunday!  A bit chilly out, but nothing that a steaming cup of coffee can't fix.  The real question is whether the coffee can provide enough inspiration to complete today's crossword.  A couple of exciting things that I want to bring you all up to speed on...and then a few things on the upcoming event schedule. 

First and most importantly, Jen and I have a new bed.  Before all of your minds just go straight to the gutter (really! you people...) I just want to explain that this has been a well overdue Christmas present and a long deliberated practical purchase that we have discussed over the the last 9 years.  I just want to provide a small commentary on what a little adventure it has been to buy something as simple as a bed. 

Apparently, if you purchase a bedroom set online from Becker furniture, there is:
a) no location within the state of minnesota to look at it in person
b) there is a no refund policy because it is categorized as a "specialty purchase

A little scandalized by these policies, we definitely gave pause to making the purchase.  But Jen was only attracted to a select number of bedroom sets and I refused to take a mortgage out on the house to buy a bed.  So bottom line, we bought the bed n' nightstands and Jen loves them (thank God.).

On to the purchase of a mattress.   *collective groan*
Already having decided on getting a similar mattress to our current Serta, we stopped by a first place with a more "discountey" feel.  I love a good deal, but our first sales woman left us nauseated between her 3-pack-day habit and uber-strong perfume. 

I had a bit of sticker shock at the next location.  I looked up from some of price tags expecting to see a car or a jewelry case, but then found a mattress and boxspring attached instead. 

The third location and a 50% off sale was my salvation.  We should be seeing our big bundle of joy in the near future! 

There will be more updates today about things that truly matter, such as my beautiful wife and kids, my brother-in-laws birthday (Hi Matty!), and much needed rest and relaxation weekend this week!  Hope all of you are well and taking advantage of the sunshine today!  Much Love!  Ryan, Jen, and kiddos

No comments: