Thursday, November 01, 2012
I had a little turtle...
As my beautiful daughter sings one of her favorite swimming songs in the bathtub, I realize that there was a time when there were no favorite swimming songs (or experiences for that matter). Yes, its true, Audrey likes swimming now. Moving along from level "Little One" to level "Little Two". There was a point where Auds and I would practice putting eyes in the tub water and I would help with gentle dunking at the count of three. There was a point where I basically found ourselves at a crossroads. "Lord", I thought to myself, "This is going to either result in some swimming progress or going to end up in expensive family therapy sessions at the age of 16." Fortunately for me, Auds came up smiling the whole time. And now, I no longer have a daughter but a underwater swimming mermaid. Who would have thought that Disney's finned redhead Ariel would be the inspiration for our intially very anti-H20 3 year old princess. Audrey is not allowed to wear conch shells though. Ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment